Do you have experience handling imports/exports?
Are you familiar with international trade and tax codes?
We are looking for a supply chain professional, who will ensure effective management of material import and export clearance through compliance to regulations as per local requirements in the Region/country.
As Import/Export Clearance Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- Advises client on trade compliance to ensure that their shipments clear customs with minimum delays and that they are compliant with customs regulations and laws
- Maximize pre-clearance performance with the accurate and appropriate custom declaration
- Understand and comply with the regulations and guidelines issued by the customs agency or other government agencies supervising import and export activities
- Implement an efficient and compliant clearance procedure in accordance with the regulatory rules/policy
- Negotiate with customs clearance officials to obtain consistent and transparent decisions on classification of goods, and duty and tax assessments
- Deal and negotiate with customs officials directly on difficult clearances to ensure that the shipments are released timely and in compliance to the local regulations and policies.
- Continuously improve on the clearance process and procedures
What you already have:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in handling import/exports in the manufacturing industry, experience in working with customs within transportation, logistics or import / export industry
- Planning and forecasting experience in electronics/Technology industry preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office tools
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP/Replenishment tools
- Advanced English in Spoken and Written form (B2+)
- Excellent communication skills