Are you an experienced category buyer?
Do you also have experience with leading a small team or would you like to try and manage your own team?
We are looking for French or German speakers who will be responsible for a small team of procurement analysts and buyers, leading various projects with international companies, providing procurement solutions, and improving their processes.
As a Senior Category Buyer, you will be:
- Leading a small to medium-sized team of Procurement Analysts and Buyers, mentoring them and sharing best practices
- Working with Category Managers on strategy plans, sourcing execution, supporting category planning, and strategic sourcing tasks
- Creating negotiation strategies and leading negotiations to ensure timely supply and savings for purchases
- Identifying new sources of supply and communicating with diverse range of stakeholders
- Discussing with vendors and evaluating their products and capabilities as suppliers
- Managing all supplier selection and procurement activities
- Actively involved in continuous efforts to improve operations
- Participating in company-building activities, including recruitment
What you are bringing to the table:
- Advanced English and German or French (B2-C1 level)
- 5+ years of experience in strategic or tactical buying
- Direct experience with sourcing and negotiation activities
- Strong analytical, reporting and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ideally some management or team-lead experience
- Ideally knowledge of improvement methodologies such as TQM, Six Sigma, or APEX is a plus