As a Barclays Senior Java Developer you will actively contribute to various projects spanning across critical technical deliveries, regulatory projects and platform enhancements requested by the product owner or business users. With a heavy emphasis on both technical and communication skills, you will work closely with the Developers, Business Analysts, Architects and Project Managers across all regions to deliver robust design and technical solutions in a controlled and transparent fashion.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
ur Prague office is based in the financial centre of Prague. We are part of the Operations and Technology Division, and as such, we try our best to stay at the top of our technological game. However, the technology itself is not the most important thing. What matters the most to us is the way our ingenuity can help provide better service to our customers and make life easier for our employees.
What we’re looking for:
- Core Java SE 8+ knowledge
- Previous experience with Spring framework
- Demonstrable knowledge of design patterns, object-oriented design principles and database design fundamentals
- Experience with Core Java technologies including Database Connectivity and multi-threading
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Demonstrable knowledge of middleware including MQ & JMS and Web Service (SOAP & REST API)
- Familiar with Python, Shell, SQL and Unix scripting
- Experience with development and agile tools e.g. JIRA, Git, TeamCity
- Familiar with messaging and XML processing