Do you have experience in Inventory Planning?
Do you like project management?
We are looking for a supply chain professional, who will ensure that strategic material planning processes are in place to enable operational continuity. Work closely with internal and external parties to ensure supply of materials to satisfy client delivery requirements. Define inventory parameters to keep inventory at optimal level whilst meeting client schedules.
As Inventory Planning Lead, your key responsibilities will be:
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Ensure that material scheduling strategy and processes are in place and work effectively in order to ensure material supply meets client requirements with minimum inventory levels, whilst optimizing costs.
- Design, develop, and implement flexible solutions to aid business efficiency, drive process improvements, and add value
- Define and update the supply and stock management parameters.
- Plan and monitor the materials and products used by the customers.
- Proactively track and manage inventory ageing to prevent excess and obsolete material
- Assists Finance Department with Audits, Inventory Control & Reconciliations.
- Partner with the demand and supply planning team to understand the business requirements to determine proper stocking and replenishment level. Communicate the requirements to material management and warehousing team
- Forecast for future inventory based on historical buys, reoccurring buys and current inventory levels.
- Supervise inventory risk and ensure that contingency plans are in place
- Education in business, logistics, inventory management, or a related field preferred
- 4+ years of experience in material planning, inventory management, purchasing
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and part number change management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and materials planning using an ERP/MRP system, other planning systems (SAP)
- Fluent English in Spoken and Written form (B2+)