Principle Duties and Responsibilities in tier 2:
- Multi-platform Cisco support, Juniper & proprietary solutions (i.e. netgates)
- Direct customer and account team interface providing day to day network support
- Manage trouble investigation, isolation and steady state recovery
- Assists users to identify and solve complex connection/communication problems
- Workload breakdown: most of the incidents are related to high-end MPLS solutions at their edge (CE-PE), monitored proactively by an automated alerting system; along with that, also proprietary low-end VPN tunnelling solutions are supported, with a mixed reactive-proactive model. A number of cases regard other VoIP solution.
In order to provide a multilingual support you will be required to work various shifts in order to cover 24/7 operation. Shifts will be assigned to you by your manager. It will be either 8hr (Mon – Fri) or 12 hr shifts (Mon – Sun), allowing for continuous periods of rest.